Uniontown’s Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) offers student-athletes the opportunity to shape the landscape of Uniontown athletics. It is a select group of student-athlete leaders from grades 9-12 that participate athletically for Uniontown Area High School. They serve as a key communication and advocacy arm for all student-athletes with both athletic administration, and other campus organizations and initiatives. The group meets once per month during the school year to discuss various topics concerning the student-athletes and athletic department.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the athletics department formulation of policies.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference, WPIAL, and PIAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
Members have the opportunity to address issues affecting student-athletes and have the opportunity to offer input on issues which may be national in scope.
The committee is meant to serve as a local student-athlete voice in addressing issues of student-athlete welfare here in Uniontown. The committee can facilitate better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all.
The SAAC also serves as a conduit of communication among student-athletes, coaches and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns can be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issue that may be relevant to Uniontown student-athletes.
Through the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, student-athletes have the opportunity to change the face of Uniontown athletics.